THAT MOMENT WHEN
About the project:
- Company: Eko (f.k.a. Interlude) / OliveBridge / Sony
- Genre: Interactive comedy
- Target audience: Female 20-30
- Release date: November 15th 2017
About my work:
- Position: Game design / UX consultant
- Design work: UX layout and mockups, UI assets
That Moment When is an interactive comedy series producer by Eko in partnership with Sony. During the various episodes, the user can choose what the main character, Jill will do or say to try and get out of embarrassing situations. The interactions can consist of simple choices or timed mini-games which will influence the end result.
I worked on the 7 episodes released so far as a UX and game design consultant. My role was to define and mock up the UI layout for every single interaction moment in all episodes, be it a simple choice or a mini-game. For a few episodes, I also produced the corresponding UI assets, most of which made it into the final product.
Additionally, I was tasked with balancing the mini-games and testing out each episode thoroughly to ensure the most effective UI layout, animations and fluidity possible.