ICE AGE VILLAGE
About the game:
- Company: Gameloft NYC
- Genre: Tycoon, zoo
- Target audience: Women 20-50 (main), kids 5-12 (secondary)
- Release date: April 5th 2012
- Downloads: 116+ million
About my work:
- Position: Game designer
- Design work: content design, quests, social features, game documents, UX
- Other work: localization file, presentations
Ice Age Village is one of the most successful Gameloft games of all time, released early 2012 and in the Appstore top grossing for over 1 year.
I've worked on the first seven updates for the game, including major social gameplay additions, hundreds of new items and missions and the brand-new dinosaur-themed expansion.
My tasks included: mission design, maps layout, development of new multiplayer features and content design (new animals and environments).
On this project, I worked closely with developers, artists, writers and the marketing team, where I communicated daily with Gameloft teams throughout the world (Romania, Mexico, France, etc.).
What I'm proud of:
- The success of each new update and DLC based on the new content designed
- The retention & monetization increasing constantly over the first 6 months
- Some of the content I designed is still being used in current updates!
What I learned:
- How to design and implement new content for updates and DLC
- How to design meaningful social features based on the category of players
- How to work with teams across the world