About the game:
- Company: Gameloft NYC
- Genre: Top-down shooter
- Target audience: Male 15-40
- Release date: October 25th 2012
About my work:
- Position: Intern Level designer
- Design work: missions, level building, scripting, progression
Zombiewood is a arcade-style third-person shooter game released by Gameloft in late 2012.
I was a level designer intern on this project. My tasks included the design of more than half the game's missions and scripting them via an internal level editor. I was also in charge of setting the difficulty curve and designing the enemies' behavior.
I worked with a team of about 15 people for this project.
What I'm proud of:
- Varied level objectives with restricted controls and interactions
- Challenging levels with margin for improvement (skill based)
- Most of the missions I designed made it to the final game
What I learned:
- How to balance a player's progression throughout 100+ levels
- How to build reusable level design and make it feel different
- How to design enemies and NPCs